Vitamin C is considered one of the important micronutrients that play a key role in the formation of collagen, helping to regenerate wounds; Anti-oxidant; strengthens the immune system extremely well. With all those uses, a lot of people ask the question how to use vitamin C most effectively and is vitamin C water soluble?
Health benefits of vitamin C
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is found in abundance in fruits. The benefits of this group of vitamin C for the body include:
- Enhances iron absorption in both adults and children
- Strengthens immune system function, helps the body to prevent infections, chronic diseases
- Slow down the natural aging process
- Boosts blood oxidant content up to 30%
- Prevents respiratory infections that often occur in people who have to exercise at high intensity
- Prevention and improvement of vision loss in the elderly due to macular degeneration
- Support to help blood vessels work in a more regulated and smooth way, control high blood pressure, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduces memory decline that often occurs in the elderly
Is vitamin C water soluble?
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, which means that they are dissolved, transferred to the tissues in the body, and quickly eliminated.
All water-soluble vitamins have a relatively short storage time in the body, so if they are not supplied and supplemented daily, the body may have a deficiency.
Meanwhile, vitamin C is a micronutrient that the human body cannot produce on its own, but must be tolerated through daily diet or supplements.
The best way to supplement Vitamin C
With its great uses, Vitamin C is proving to be an important role for any audience. However, not everyone knows that Vitamin C is water soluble and the dose of vitamin C needed for each person, leading to daily supplementation has not achieved the highest effect. Not to mention, the incorrect use of vitamin C also causes many side effects and dangerous drug interactions. So how do we supplement vitamin C for the body?
Supplement vitamin C through food
Vitamin C is especially “rich” in vegetables such as:
- Lemon lime: Citrus fruits are especially rich in vitamin C with a content of 53mg / 100mg of oranges.
- Papaya: Each 100mg of papaya contains up to 62mg of vitamin C to help enhance concentration, improve memory, and reduce inflammation
- Strawberry: Each 100mg of strawberries provides 59mg of vitamin C
- Kiwi: 1 normal-sized kiwi can contain about 70mg of vitamin C, enough to provide 1 day for an adult
- Broccoli: Each 100mg of broccoli contains 89mg of vitamin C to help boost immune system function
- Tomato: A glass of tomato juice contains 170 mg of vitamin C and a lot of vitamin A and other minerals
- Guava fruit: The content of vitamin C in guava is even 4 times that of oranges, this fruit is especially good for the immune system.
Supplement vitamin C with functional pills
For those who have difficulty or cannot tolerate oral vitamin C, other dosage forms of this micronutrient can be used. Specifically, vitamin C is usually made in capsules, tablets, oral solution, injection solution, etc.
Unlike eating, if using vitamin C preparations, users should adhere to the right dosage and right time to avoid vitamin C being dissolved in water and lost out before being absorbed.
The maximum vitamin C content for each specific group of subjects is as follows:
- Children from 1 to 3 years old: 400mg/day
- Children from 4 to 8 years old: 650 mg/day
- Children from 9 to 13 years old: 1200 mg/day
- Adolescents 14-18 years old: 1800 mg/day
- Group of adults over 18 years old: 2000 mg/day
With each type of functional oral tablet, users need to carefully read the instructions for use before use, should not arbitrarily change the dose. If you have any doubts, consult a professional before use. Especially to keep in mind:
- For oral tablets, vitamin C should be taken with plenty of water
- For chewable tablets, it should be chewed completely before swallowing
- With extended-release tablets, do not crush or bite, swallow whole
- Use liquid vitamin C if not pre-diluted you need an accurate measuring device to measure
- Should take vitamin C on an empty stomach, usually in the morning, you can take it 30 minutes before eating or 2 hours after a meal. Do not drink high levels of vitamin C in the evening
- If you forget to take a dose you need to take it again as soon as possible, if it is almost time for the next dose you can skip that dose.
- If you have an overdose, you should immediately go to the nearest medical facility for treatment
- Vitamin C should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease or a history of kidney disease. patients with inherited metabolic disorders and cases of smoking addiction.
- Pregnant and lactating women should only use it as directed by a doctor
- Never suddenly stop taking vitamin C after a while.
Buy the most genuine and prestigious vitamin C at Dr Vitamin
Currently, Dr Vitamin’s booth is offering more than 50 types of vitamin C from many domestic and foreign brands, meeting the needs of the Vietnamese community to learn and take care of their health. Readers can completely put their trust in our service, with quality products, guaranteed for safety and effectiveness after a period of use.
All vitamin C products at Dr Vitamin are guaranteed to be 100% genuine, accompanied by attractive promotions and a 200% REFUND policy if detecting signs of counterfeit or counterfeit goods. Readers can fully discover and experience the products with the help of leading medical experts. Besides, Dr Vitamin will accompany customers throughout the use process, sharing useful knowledge about health care for the whole family.
Yen Duong – 25 years old – from Hung Yen said: “I have ordered vitamin C at Dr Vitamin 2 times and always feel satisfied with my stomach. I’m quite picky when it comes to buying supplements, so when I heard advice and help from experts, I felt this was the address I was looking for. Products are shipped to the house on time, with all tags, brand new boxes. Wherever you use it, the experts will support it.”
Mr. Hoang Minh – 40 years old – Hanoi shared: In the last epidemic, he went to a few drug stores near his house to ask for vitamin C but it was all gone. Hearing my friend tell Dr Vitamin that there are many types of vitamin C, fast delivery and reasonable price, I also bought it to try. From the time of ordering to receiving the goods about 3-4 hours, the product is carefully packed, the model is genuine. I think everyone should try to order here, both to save money and to be satisfied with the quality.”
This month, Dr Vitamin would like to introduce to customers the most attractive promotion in the market when ordering vitamin C products in particular, and dietary supplements in general.
- FREESHIP NATIONWIDE with orders from 1,000,000 or more
- Up to 50% off when buying combo products
- FREESHIP inner city orders within a radius of 5km with a value of over 250K
- Various and attractive gifts
The answer on whether Vitamin C is water soluble above hopefully helps readers better understand the absorption mechanism of this important micronutrient, and at the same time has the most suitable use route for you. Check your health regularly to know if you are in a state of vitamin C deficiency and promptly correct it.
How to take iron and vitamin C to be effective? [Chia sẻ thông tin chi tiết]
Top 12 best zinc supplements for adults